English Crossing gives YOU the opportunity to invest in relationships with members of the international community. Our mission is to share the love of Jesus Christ by investing in the lives of internationals here in the Upstate of South Carolina through our time, our talents and our resources.
Building Relationships with a Future Focus!
There are many ways YOU can be on mission with us.
- Site Leader: give organizational and spiritual leadership for a teaching site
- Teacher: teach an adult beginner, intermediate, or advanced class
- Teacher assistant: help assist in an adult class
- Devotion leader: help lead weekly devotions at a teaching site
- Childcare Worker: work with the children through Bible stories, games, snacks, and homework help
- Translator: translate the devotional time into another language
- Front Desk Helper: help students register and check in
- Greeter: greet students
- Snack helper: organize and help set up snacks each week
- Set Up team: help set up and clean up
- Prayer Partner: pray for our students and volunteers
All volunteers will need to fill out a Volunteer Information form.
We ask that all volunteers read and sign our statement of faith in agreement with the mission of English Crossing: Statement of Faith.
All volunteers 18 years and older will need to have a cleared background check. Background Check Form. Adult volunteers will pay $20 to cover a background check, a t-shirt and volunteer training. Teen volunteers (age 13-17) will pay $10 for a t-shirt and volunteer training. Make checks payable to English Crossing, PO Box 171213, Spartanburg, SC 29301.
Also, childcare workers must fill out the Childcare Application for Volunteers.
For more information on how you can get involved, please click here to contact us.